Trails of Summer is a camp where special needs aren’t so special, just a place to have good old fashioned fun.
A funtastic place to make friends, learn new skills, and build self-esteem.
In conjunction with our mainstream population, we offer both a parallel and an integrated program.
A day camp for children
- 3-12 years
- 13-15 years
- 13-18 years – Teens on the trail for Teens
Why send your child to Trails of Summer?
Created and directed by Lynne Pronman, with 30 years experience in special needs and camping.
“Our camp is innovative and unique, catering to both mainstream and special needs children. We run a parallel or integrated program where deemed appropriate.”
Our staff-camper ratio will be determined by the need(s) of the child, and our mature and specially trained staff will help provide your child with an unforgettable summer. Our staff members are all dynamic young adults who are studying recreation or special education, or are already working in the field. Our volunteers, who we refer to as mentors, are teens with a special interest in working with this population.
At Trails of Summer Day Camp, we design a specific program for each child where the program fits the child, rather than the child fitting the program.
What do we do at camp?
- Land sports: Basketball, volleyball, hockey, tennis, games.
- The Arts: Crafts, mosaics, pottery, scrap booking, oil painting, photography, media, dance, music and drama, gardening, cooking and baking.
- Swimming: Recreational swim-a time to relax and have fun while strengthening gross and fine motor skills.
- Special Events: Theme days, barbeques, movies, talent shows, dance show, field trips plus many more surprises.
We welcome children from other cities. Should you be interested in sending your child, special rates at local hotels can be arranged so that parents and their child can both enjoy a great vacation.